The Nation’s Most Inclusive and Innovative Playground

Our flagship Magical Bridge Playground opened to the public in April 2015 in the heart of Silicon Valley. This remarkable playground, located in Mitchell Park in Palo Alto, California, is heralded as the nation’s most innovative and inclusive playground.

Find out what makes Magical Bridge Playground so “magical“, and visit our Interactive Map to learn about the playground’s inclusive and innovative design.

Your Visit

ENTRY

ADDRESS

Magical Bridge Playground – Palo Alto
Mitchell Park
600 East Meadow Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(Located near the dog park and the tennis courts in Mitchell Park, on the side of the park nearest to E. Charleston Rd)

HOURS OF OPERATION

Every day, including holidays from 8 AM – 10 PM
Admission: Magically Free!

CALENDAR

Join our mailing list or like us on Facebook to learn of special events at Magical Bridge in Palo Alto, including our summer concert series on the play stage.
Please refer to our Playground FAQ to answer your questions about Magical Bridge Playground. The tables at Magical Bridge Playground cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Designed to be a socially inclusive playground for children of varying physical and cognitive abilities, Magical Bridge Playground addresses the unique play needs of the many kinds of children in the community. The first of its kind, Magical Bridge Playground clearly illustrates how today’s typical park designs overlook so many: the growing autistic population, visually and hearing impaired, physically limited, and even our aging community.

Magical Bridge Playgrounds are designed to address the complex needs of the entire population living with disabilities, from the physical to the cognitive. It is important to note that only 10% of those with disabilities are physically affected; autism, cognitive and developmental issues, sensory challenges and many other differences make up the other 90%. The first of its kind, Magical Bridge Playground is a place where everyone can play together.