Updated on May 10, 2021
At this time, the Magical Bridge Playground in Redwood City remains open to the public 7 days a week from 9:00 am - Dusk.
Magical Bridge Playground protocol during COVID-19
We understand that these are challenging times and we ask for patience and kindness while we navigate the evolution of this space because after all, it’s our first pandemic too.
Magical Bridge Playground in Redwood City's Red Morton Park is built on the premise of kindness. Please be kind and respectful to city staff, volunteers aka Kindness Ambassadors, and all who visit our magical space.
- This playground is currently staffed to control capacity and keep our visitors safe.
- While as a whole, face masks are still required of every individual entering the playground age 2 and up, we also understand that not everyone can wear a mask. For those who are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, our staff will provide a sticker for them to wear. If you see someone wearing a sticker, please be kind, understanding, and practice social distancing. May change June 15.
- Entry is currently limited to the two lower gates: North Entrance (Veterans Memorial Senior Center side) and South Entrance (Valota Rd. Parking Lot). Please keep gates closed at all times.
- Capacity is limited to 150 visitors on the playground. Once the playground reaches capacity, socially distant lines will form outside the two lower gates with markings 6 feet apart to keep you safe while you wait. Our Magical Bridge Team will monitor capacity and make sure that social distancing protocol is maintained while in line.
- NO DAY CARE OR CAMP VISITS AT THIS TIME of 10 or more, unless authorized by our department. email@example.com
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes per group while others are waiting. Please be prepared that a Kindness Ambassador/staff person may ask you to leave the playground if max capacity is reached and there is a line. Please exercise kindness and support these safety guidelines, which follow strict State regulations.
- In addition to the playground capacity, you will notice that each area is marked with a zone capacity. While these numbers are based upon the entire area of the zone, it will be up to you and your children to maintain social distance on the play amenities.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering and as often as possible while playing. Hand washing stations are available onsite, and the restrooms are open.
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the Magical Bridge Playground. In addition, cardboard boxes (which we know will be very popular on the slide mound) and personal toys are not allowed in the playground at this time.
Thank you in advance for your attention to these protocols which are in place to protect the safety of the whole community. Your actions affect the health and safety of everyone and will help to keep our playground open and magical.
* Please park your vehicle in the Valota Road parking lot (located next to the Armory and main entrance of Magical Bridge Playground). Address: 939 Valota Road, Redwood City, CA 94061.
Become A Kindness Ambassador At The Magical Bridge Playground In Redwood City
Thanks to an amazing partnership with the Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation, community volunteers will help keep the playground safe and magical for all who visit. As a Kindness Ambassador, your goal is to create a fun and inclusive space where visitors of all ages and abilities feel welcome.
At this time, they are only accepting applications for Kindness Ambassadors ages 18 and up. You must be able to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours a month for at least 6 months (shifts are 2 hours long). Kindness Ambassadors will help safely open the playground and help lead family-friendly events and activities, once we are safely able to do so.
Kindly click here to learn more and apply!
THERE IS MORE MAGIC TO BE MADE! Please support the Magical Bridge Foundation and our work to bring inclusive play to communities across the country. Donate now. A friendly reminder -- Due to the passage of the CARES Act, you will be able to deduct up to $300 in charitable donations on your 2020 taxes, even if you do not itemize them.
Explore our Magical Bridge Playground Zones
Community Treehouse and StageThrough pretend play, children experience the full range of their senses and feelings. Barbara Butler Artist-Builder, Inc. created the first wheelchair-accessible, two-story treehouse, especially for Magical Bridge. Your entire community will undoubtedly cherish the Playhouse for years to come.