The Magical Bridge Playground in Palo Alto, CA is reopened to the public Tuesday - Sunday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, closed on Mondays.
Updated November 17, 2020
Dear Friends and Community,
In partnership with the City of Palo Alto, we are pleased to share that Magical Bridge Playground in Palo Alto’s Mitchell Park is now reopened to the public.
During these unprecedented times, we have put a lot of care and thought into how to safely and responsibly reopen our beloved playground. We hope that you will be patient and caring with us as we navigate these unchartered waters.
A tremendous amount of gratitude goes out to the City of Palo Alto, whose staff are monitoring the entrance and exit gates of the playground. The city is also running a volunteer program for those in the community (ages 14+) who would like to give back by volunteering as a Magical Bridge Kindness Ambassador. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Chase.Hartmann@cityofpaloalto.org if you have any questions or complete this form.
Palo Alto's Magical Bridge is open to the public, Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. The playground is closed every Monday for cleaning. We are opening the playground Monday mornings for limited hours to disability classes and organizations. Please contact Chase Hartmann to reserve your time.
NEW PLAYGROUND PROTOCOLS WITH YOUR SAFETY IN MIND
We ask visitors to be kind and respectful to city staff, volunteers, and all who visit our “magical” space.
- Capacity is limited to 55 visitors on the playground. Once the playground reaches capacity, a line will form with markings on the ground to remain 6 feet apart (similar to what you experience at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market). Staffing at the entry and exit gates will ensure capacity is monitored and lines (and social distancing) are maintained.
- Based on state guidelines, visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- We kindly ask that visitors sanitize their hands before entering. There will be hand sanitizers at the entrance gate. We also encourage visitors to bring personal sanitizing wipes.
- If able, visitors are required to wear a mask inside the playground. Friendly stickers will be provided to those who are unable to wear a mask. Please be understanding that not all our visitors are able to wear a mask.
- Visitors are asked to stay in their "pod" and distance 6 feet from other guests.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the Magical Bridge Playground at this time. In addition, cardboard boxes (which we know are very popular on the slide mound) and personal toys are not allowed in the playground.
- Kindly use the gate (near the top of the 2-story treehouse) when exiting the playground.
- Be patient and be kind to make sure this playground will remain “magical” for all. Those unable to follow these guidelines will be asked to leave.
Please continue to follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommended social distancing and mask protocols. These limits are in place for the safety of the whole community. Your actions affect the health and safety of everyone and will help to keep our playground open.
Our flagship Magical Bridge Playground opened to the public in April 2015 in the heart of Silicon Valley. Located in Mitchell Park in Palo Alto, California, Magical Bridge is heralded as the nation’s most innovative and inclusive playground, attracting visitors of all ages and all abilities.
A town square for the 21st century
Universally Designed* to be a socially inclusive playground for everyone, Magical Bridge finally includes the 1-in-4 of us living with physical and cognitive disabilities, autism, visual and hearing impairments, the medically fragile, and our aging population. The first of its kind, Magical Bridge clearly illustrates how today’s typical park designs overlook so many.
Here are a few of the features you will discover when visiting Magical Bridge Playground.
Frequently asked questions
Join the movement on the playground through our teen Kindness Ambassador Program
Our unique program is designed for energetic and passionate tween and teen volunteers dedicated to fostering a community of inclusion, while spreading messages of kindness and compassion in all Magical Bridge events and activities.