All middle school and high school-aged students, regardless of abilities or disabilities, are welcome to apply to the Kindness Ambassador Program. Kindness Ambassadors with varying abilities can be partnered with a more seasoned KA to help enrich their experience in the program. If you have special accommodation requirements, please let us know when completing your application so we can make sure to address your needs.
The Kindness Ambassador Program is for middle school and high school-aged students. If you are an adult interested in volunteering with Magical Bridge Foundation, please contact Deborah Getz at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about volunteer opportunities outside of this program.
All applicants will be required to complete a Kindness Ambassador Training Orientation before participating in events and activities. The 60-90 minute training is conducted approximately once a month, and will include:
- An overview of Magical Bridge Foundation, and an introduction to its guiding principles, mission statement and history.
- A brief review of the many different challenges people with disabilities face at a typical playground.
- An educational tour of the flagship playground in Palo Alto, where participants learn about the history of the playground, the research behind it, and the design principles that set it apart from typical playgrounds.
- A moderated discussion on what it means to “model inclusion” in our communities, and how Kindness Ambassadors can strive to set new standards when it comes to creating welcoming spaces, on and off the playground, for everyone to play.
- Upon completion of the training, you will be presented with an official Kindness Ambassador T-shirt, to wear proudly at future Magical Bridge events.
We kindly request that all Kindness Ambassadors commit to a minimum of 3 hours/month over a 6 month period, ultimately contributing a total of 18 hours minimum.
Events and activities take place in communities where there is an existing Magical Bridge Playground, or cities where we are actively fundraising to build a playground. Please explore our website to see which cities we are currently fundraising for: http://magicalbridge.org/fund-a-playground/
The frequency of activities and events often change throughout the year, but as our foundation grows, so does our need for extra help! In addition to scheduled events, we often have last minute needs arise, and always appreciate being able to contact our Kindness Ambassadors to contribute.
To apply for the Kindness Ambassador Program, please complete the following application: https://magicalbridge.wufoo.com/forms/kindness-ambassador-program-application/
We hope you will join us and share your time, talents, and energy to make a direct and meaningful impact on the lives of everyone in our magical community!