What Makes a Playground Magical?
Magical Bridge is culmination of seven years of planning, research, design and careful consideration. They say “it’s all in the details” and that could not be more true than at this remarkable playground. The above graphic calls out just some of the finer features that make Magical Bridge so magical.
- Distinct play zones designed to accommodate everyone.
- Retreat Cocoons for those needing a break from play.
- Smooth, seamless pathways.
- Wheelchair access to a two-story playhouse, treehouse and top of a slide mound.
- Fully accessible equipment including bucket swings, joyful spinning features, wide slides, a sway boat, and a merry-go-round flush with the ground so everyone can join in the fun.
- Far surpasses the minimum ADA requirements.
- Designed by inclusive play experts, educators, therapists, families living with various disabilities, and leading landscape architects.
- Surprising and innovative features such as an artist-designed 24-string laser harp, whimsical artwork, seamless turf, custom wooden structures for tactile and visual impact, and many others.
- Outdoor play is the foundation for physical development, as well as social-emotional lessons such as cooperation, sharing, problem solving and kindness. Without inclusive playgrounds, many families do not have a place to bring their children to play.
- Everyone in a community benefits from the elimination of social stigmas and prejudices, and this naturally happens when people of all abilities have the chance to play together.
Where Everyone Plays
Magical Bridge Playgrounds are designed to address the complex needs of the entire population living with disabilities, from the physical to the cognitive.
It is important to note that only 10% of those with disabilities are physically affected; autism, cognitive and developmental issues, sensory challenges and many other differences make up the other 90%.
The first of its kind, Magical Bridge Playground considers everyone.